Development Alternatives with Women for a New Era (DAWN ) is excited to announce the forthcoming 5th DAWN Training Institute (DTI) for young feminists working for gender, economic, political and ecological justice. The DTI is meant for young women from the South.
The training programme draws on DAWN’s feminist analysis which interlinks issues under the themes of Political Economy of Globalisation (PEG), Political Ecology and Sustainability (PEAS), Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), and Political Restructuring and Social Transformation (PRST). Its contents also reflect the network’s considerable experience in UN conference processes and other sites of engagement and struggle, including the global civil society movement against neoliberal economic globalisation, as well as regional, sub-regional and national processes.
THE 5TH DAWN Training Institute is planned to be held in Havana, Cuba from 21 Nov to 7 Dec 2016.
The training Institute will be held over a period of three weeks. Participants should be prepared for an intensive training programme, involving prior and regular reading during the programme, journal writing, and participation in exercises.
• to build the capacity of young feminist activists from Southern countries, especially in understanding linkages between different issues and advocacy agendas, particularly those concerned with gender justice in its multiple and inter-linked dimensions – economic, political, ecological, social and personal.
• to strengthen feminist advocacy work at global and regional level; and to deepen analysis in some complex areas.
• to prepare young feminists for the challenges entailed in working for gender justice in the present global geopolitical and economic context, with a particular focus on the implementation of the “2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”.
• Only applications from the economic South will be considered.
• This training programme is intended for young women, including young trans-women. Preference will be given to those who are/will be working with civil society organizations and social movements promoting gender justice.
• The applicant’s activist, professional, work experience, as well as future plans will be considered during selection.
• Applicants must be able to communicate in written and spoken English.
• Regional representation will be taken into account.
• Applicants must be between the ages of 25 to 35 years.
Applications must be received by DAWN by December 1, 2015.
Only successful applicants will be notified. If you have been selected as part of the first selection list, you will hear from them by April 10, 2016.
The language of instruction and discussion will be English.
Participants are responsible for their own luggage, accident and medical insurance as the organisers will not be responsible for such costs. Participants will be expected to have adequate health insurance coverage and, if selected, provide a copy of the insurance certificate.
To apply click on this link:
About Youth County Projects Kenya and the Founder
Violet Mbiti is the founder of the blog “Youth County Projects Kenya” that seeks to fill the knowledge and awareness gap regarding youth projects
being implemented by Non-Governmental Organizations, Civil Society Organizations, Private Sector, National Government, County Governments, donors and individuals in the 47 counties in Kenya.
This platform also seeks to motivate youth to initiate projects in their respective communities to achieve Vision 2030 within the social,economic and political pillars.
Violet Mbiti holds a Masters Degree in Project Management from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology .She is also an alumni of the Political Leadership and Governance Programme offered by Friedrich Ebert Stiftung which is funded by the German Government.
You want your concerns around Project Management,Resource Mobilization/Fundraising,Governance, Leadership, Democracy,Social Development, and Youth Empowerment fixed? Find me.
Like our Facebook Page: Youth Projects Kenya
Like our Twitter Page: @youthprojects
Do you have a question? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing is caring, click on one of the following buttons to share this post with your friends.
Share the post “Call For Applications From Dawn Training Institute”