The 2016 G(irls)20 Summit will be held in China August 2016. A delegate from each G20 country, as well as the African & European Union, Pakistan, Afghanistan & MENA region, will be selected to represent their country.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Female, between the ages of 18-23 (at the time of Summit);
• Lives in and holds citizenship in a G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the MENA region;
• Is proficient in the English language for all verbal and written communications;
• Has or can obtain a valid passport and visa for travel no later than April 31, 2016
• Has an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
• Will commit to launching a post-Summit initiative/project in her own community;
• Has parental or guardian permission to travel to China and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit (This may require absence from school); and,
• Will provide consent to appear in any and all media.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to ensure successful completion, click on the link below to fill the forms
• Deadline to submit complete applications: January 15th, 2016, Midnight (EST);
• Applications will be reviewed by the G(irls)20 Global Advisory & Partners;
• Two finalists from each country will be selected and contacted by mid February, 2016. Phone interviews will be held shortly thereafter (only those selected for an interview will be contacted); and,
• G(irls)20 2016 Final Delegates will be announced March 8th, 2016 on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
• Summit learning materials and supplies;
• Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to China;
• Accommodations while in China (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
• Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
• All ground transportation while in China.
Please note: it will be the responsibility of the delegate to arrange her own ground transportation to and from her home and the airport, as well as passport and visas (some countries will require a visa).
About Youth County Projects Kenya and the Founder
Violet Mbiti is the founder of the blog “Youth County Projects Kenya” that seeks to fill the knowledge and awareness gap regarding youth projects being implemented by Non-Governmental Organizations, Civil Society Organizations, Private Sector, National Government, County Governments, donors and individuals in the 47 counties in Kenya.
Violet Mbiti holds a Masters Degree in Project Management from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Journalism from United States International University .She has initiated and implemented projects that cover the health sector, Renewable Energy Sector, Water Sector, Environment Sector and Social Entrepreneurship. She also sought the donors who funded the above projects.
Violet is also n alumni of the Political Leadership and Governance Programme offered by Friedrich Ebert Stiftung which is funded by the German Government and is the Vice Chairperson of Improved Stoves Association of Kenya Machakos County. Violet is an advisory council board member of Hand in Hand Eastern Africa youth project titled “The Peace and Prosperity through Job Creation”.
This platform seeks to motivate youth to initiate projects in their respective communities to achieve Vision 2030 within the social,economic and political pillars.
You want your concerns around Project Management,Resource Mobilization/Fundraising,Governance, Leadership, Democracy,Social Development, and Youth Empowerment fixed? Find me.
Like our Facebook Page: Youth Projects Kenya
Like our Twitter Page: @youthprojects
Do you have a question? Send it to: youthprojectskenya@
Sharing is caring, click on one of the following buttons to share this post with your friends.
Share the post “Become a Delegate for the 2016 G(irls) 20 summit for women (Fully Funded)”