The Kwale Youth and Governance Consortium (KYGC) was formed and duly registered late in 2010 soon after the promulgation of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010. The fact that the Constitution had provided for many opportunities of youths to participate in governance affairs provided the main thrust to its formation. This group has been operating within the Kwale County.
Leadership structure-KYGC is a consortium of many community organizations which together form the KYGC General Assembly. It has the Executive Council which acts as the KYGC secretariat. It then has various thematic departments, each with a leader
Vision and mission of KYGC-KYGC envisages an open, transparent and accountable governance system which is firmly anchored in the national values and principles of governance.
Overall Goal and objective of KYGC-Generally, KYGC aims at being the leading youth led organization in the clamour for good governance. It strives to remain the best in innovation, use of ICT, strong networks that reach the grassroots levels, and constructive relationship with the county government and other partners.
• Among its many activities, KYGC is known globally in e-governance that is, using ICT in ensuring good governance.
• KYGC had carried successful campaign tackling the ideologies in support of succession (MAJIMBOSM) Spearheaded by the popularly known Mombasa Republican Council (MRC) using youth forum and social media also did a survey on the same. Again KYGC used Frontline SMS to receive security information which it used to share with the concerned organs.
• KYGC also brought together myriad number of youth groups and monitored their activities, besides using the same groups in tackling violence ful coexistence. sometimes used the youth forums to challenge them on the ideologies that enhance peace
• KYGC is now known for ICT based budget tracking and budget analysis.
• KYGC carried successful campaigns and advocacy in various agendas including the constitution, security, elections, civil rights etc.
Generally, KYGC aims at being the leading youth led organization in the clamour for good governance. It strives to remain the best in innovation, use of ICT, strong networks that reach the grassroots levels, and constructive relationship with the county government and other partners
For more information visit them by clicking on the link below: