The 10th UNESCO Youth Forum 25th – 26th October will ensure maximum interaction between youth and UNESCO staff, working on youth actions. It will last for 2 days and some 80 to 100 young people from all over the world – but not representing their own countries – will be invited to attend. The primary aim of the Forum is to start developing long-term relationships with exceptional youth for the better implementation of the Organization’s Operational Strategy on Youth.
The objectives of the Forum will be as follows:
• To discuss how UNESCO can better engage with youth and scale up outstanding youth actions
• To develop lasting relationships between exceptional youth and UNESCO’s Programme Sectors to promote the better implementation of the Operational Strategy on Youth
• To co-design a series of regional Youth Spaces (to be held over the next 2 years) to enable youth to address the issues most affecting them at a regional/sub-regional level.
Nominations will be made by UNESCO Secretariat in accordance with strict criteria:
– The participant has either led or co-shaped an innovative social initiative that relates to one of UNESCO’s areas of competence
– This social initiative has received a significant amount of public recognition/government recognition/media coverage
– A particular emphasis should be placed on stories of resilience
– The participant is aged between 15-24 where possible, or should be within the youth age definition of his/her country or region
It is vital that any youth proposed are truly inspiring and leading change in their communities and beyond and that they have an important story to tell. These stories should be included in the submission form and evidence must be provided. Listing events the youth have attended or organizations they belong to is no longer sufficient.
To apply,click on the link below:
For further information about the sort of youth we are looking for, please have a look at the #YouthOfUNESCO stories on the UNESCO Youth Facebook page www.facebook.com/UNESCOyouth
The idea is to nominate the most inspiring youth from our networks and beyond working on a subject related to UNESCO’s field of competence.
Disclaimer: Youth County Projects Kenya spreads opportunities for your convenience and ease based on available information, and thus, does not take any responsibility of unintended alternative or inaccurate information. As this is not the official page, we recommend you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for complete information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.