Period of Performance: May 10 – August 30 2017
Billable Days: As needed
Forum/Workshop Facilitators (indicate Preferred County)
Are you an enthusiastic and skilled classroom instructor who is passionate about helping youth? IFES Kenya is recruiting County based Forum Facilitators to support election focused, youth outreach in Institutions of Higher Learning and we’d like YOU to join our program team!
This position requires the application of effective written and oral communication skills in order to effectively develop and facilitate workshops, training sessions, and training materials. This type of communication requires demonstrated skills in the development of training content, and the ability to translate theoretical/conceptual information into clear and easily understood terminology. The Forum Facilitator must have knowledge of activity-based and participatory learning theory and practice, facilitation and training techniques that are engaging and innovative, well-documented lesson design, and specific knowledge of the IFES program subject matter.
Scope of Work
Reporting to the IFES GAC Program Manager and working in close partnership with the International Civic and Voter Education Specialist the Workshop Facilitator will be responsible for:
- Attendance of a project orientation workshop
- Professional delivery of forums that meet the program’s learning objectives and cover the programs suggested topic areas
- Develop lesson plans for each Forum which include learning objectives, detailed step-by-step training notes and supporting resources which utilize various interactive methods of education
- The delivery of weekly, 1-2hrs forums in different institutions for the duration of the program
- Researching literature and other materials to assure forum content is developed using the most current examples of peaceful democratic participation
- Develop learner guides, and other materials, and/or utilize existing training programs that meet identified learning objectives
- Facilitate formal and informal workshops and learning experiences (whichever is most appropriate) for large and small group presentation
- Collect participant satisfaction evaluations at each forum
- Produce a final report which includes number of Forums conducted, places where they were conducted, numbers of attendees (both male and female), all training materials used, an assessment of the level of success of the each Forum and recommendations for how the process could be improved in the future.
- Well researched and fully written lesson plans complete with learning, knowledge and skills outcomes, submitted prior for below and meets criteria as detailed below:
- Topic for the Lesson
- Learning outcomes for the lessons – what will the learners be able to do at the end of the lesson in respect of knowledge, skills and values
- Content of the lesson in respect of the areas to be covered in respect of knowledge, skills and values (i.e. what has to be taught in respect of each)
- Set out the interactive strategies that will be used together with their timeframes in respect of each outcome
- Resources needed for the lesson
- List of questions for the concluding session to check that the outcomes for the lessons have been achieved
- Workshop report for each facilitated forum, inclusive of participant satisfaction evaluation forms
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with at least one year of experience in a professional training position. A Master’s degree in Communication, Education, Adult Education, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of at least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in youth development;
- Significant direct experience with youth in either formal or non-formal setting (e.g. classroom, fieldwork, or other youth practitioner role);
- Experience designing multi-faceted curriculum incorporating up-to-date instructional methods and techniques; and
- Demonstrated expertise in youth civic education or related topical areas.
Interested individuals must submit the following documents and information to demonstrate their qualification by 5th May, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three reference persons
- Sample lesson plan on any youth civic education related topic
Disclaimer: Youth County Projects Kenya spreads opportunities for your convenience and ease based on available information, and thus, does not take any responsibility of unintended alternative or inaccurate information. As this is not the official page, we recommend you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for complete information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.