The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a three year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders. We attract highly qualified and motivated professionals from our member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development. Through the YPP, the Bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programs and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries.
30 candidates will be recruited for the 2018 cohort.
To be eligible for the program, you should:
– Be a citizen of a regional or non-regional AfDB member country
– Be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December, 2017
– Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials
– Have at least 3 years work experience in the areas related to our high priority areas (Hi-5s).
– Demonstrable on-the-ground/hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries
– Have passion for Africa’s Development
– Demonstrate strengths in leadership including leading others
– Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others
– Effectively work in teams with adaptability to a diverse environment
– Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results-orientation and problem-solving capability
– Business Acumen and innovation mindset.
– Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
– Have skills that enable you work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves
– Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and travel to undertake country assignments.”
Apply by 11 September 2017
Details about the application process, eligibility criteria are available on the AfDB website: https://www.afdb.org/en/about-us/careers/young-professionals-program-ypp/
Why Violet Mbiti Foundation,Vijana Network International Limited and Youth County Projects Kenya exists
Everything we do, we believe in challenging the status quo, we believe in thinking differently. The way we challenge the status quo is by offering quality projects that will empower socially, economically and politically the lives of 16 million unemployed youth from the 47 counties in Kenya that we believe we will reach. Want to partner with us?