Deadline for Applications: 15 October 2017
DSW is pleased to announce a call for applications to join the Youth Can! training programme on advocacy for Family Planning and Reproductive Health.
DSW is seeking applications from youth-focused (with a special preference for youth-led) CSOs in Tanzania and Kenya by 15 October 2017. The capacity development workshops in Tanzania and Kenya will take place between March and June 2018.
About the training programme:
The training programme is a component of a larger Capacity Development project, aiming to strengthen local advocacy leadership on FPRH in East Africa, and offers an opportunity for CSOs in Tanzania and Kenya to strengthen their advocacy skills and knowledge, learn about new tools and approaches, as well as to share knowledge and exchange with other CSOs.
In each of the two countries, we will select up to 6 youth-focused (with a special preference for youth-led) organizations who will participate in foundational trainings to develop their capacity to conduct effective and meaningful advocacy in their regions/ districts. Based on an in-depth capacity and needs assessment of the selected organizations, DSW will develop contextualized training materials. Over the course of four months, DSW will facilitate four trainings, each lasting five-days. Pending results from the assessments, thematic topics might include:
- Organizational vision and advocacy strategy development
- Policy frameworks and processes in Family Planning and Reproductive Health
- Techniques and tools for evidence-based advocacy
- Collaboration and networking in advocacy
As part of the training program, DSW will support trainees in identifying key challenges that need to be addressed in their counties and in developing advocacy strategies addressing those challenges. At the end of the training program, all participating CSOs are invited to submit proposals for funding to implement these advocacy strategies. Those CSO’s selected as sub-grantees will not only receive funding but also benefit from mentoring and other technical assistance throughout the duration of their sub-grant.
Benefits and Obligations:
- Selected CSOs can send two representatives of their organization at no cost to attend the four five-day training workshops
- Selected CSOs need to sign an agreement with DSW, committing to active engagement in the training program and beyond
- The selected two representatives are obliged to transfer the knowledge to other staff in their organization and to the management
Eligibility Criteria for CSOs
- Youth-focussed or youth-led CSO
- Previous experience in Advocacy for Family Planning or Reproductive Health
- CSO must have experience managing and implementing projects with external funding
- Tanzanian applicants: Locally registered and active in any of the following regions:
- Shinyanga, Mwanza, Dodoma, Daressalaam, or Arusha
- Kenyan applicants: Locally registered and active in any of the following counties:
- Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, West Pokot, Transnzoia, Uasin Gishu
Application Process and Timeline:
- Deadline for Applications: 15 October 2017 (To: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed (via phone or skype): 19 October 2017
- Selected applicants will be invited to join the programme: 20 October 2017
- Applicants sign partnership agreement and confirm their availability and commitment to join the programme and name 2 representatives: 23 October 2017
- Confirmed CSOs will undergo an advocacy capacity assessment to inform the training content and material: November 2017
- Training program will start March- June 2018 (there will be 4 trainings, each 5 days, exact dates to be confirmed)
To apply click on the link below:
Why Violet Mbiti Foundation,Vijana Network International Limited and Youth County Projects Kenya exists
Everything we do, we believe in challenging the status quo, we believe in thinking differently. The way we challenge the status quo is by offering quality projects and opportunities that will empower socially, economically and politically the lives of 16 million unemployed youth from the 47 counties in Kenya that we believe we will reach. Want to partner with us?