ILO will be hosting a training and knowledge-sharing event to be held at ILO’s International Training Centre in Turin, Italy from 25 June – 6 July.
The main objective of the Academy is to enhance the capacity of decision makers (mainly Ministries of Labour and other relevant government institutions and workers’ and employers’ organizations) to develop comprehensive strategies to tackle the multifaceted dimensions of the youth employment challenge, with gender mainstreaming.
The Academy on Youth Employment is intended to support national capacity to develop, implement and review youth employment strategies and programmes.
More specifically, the Academy aims to:
- Foster better understanding of labour market concepts for rigorous diagnosis of youth employment challenges;
- Identify viable entry points for mainstreaming youth employment into national employment policies and development frameworks;
- Provide guidelines for the development of operational plans and programmes on youth employment;
- Enhance knowledge on what works for youth employment in different contexts, spanning over a range of demand-side and supply-side measures; and
- Delve into available methods and tools for monitoring and evaluation of youth employment interventions.
Please find more information attached.
Interested candidates can apply online at http://intranetp.itcilo.org/STF/A9011276/en The application deadline is 15 May 2018. Please note that a limited number of partial fellowships is available for supporting youth representatives among the different stakeholder addressed by the Academy.
Why Violet Mbiti Foundation,Vijana Network International Limited and Youth County Projects Kenya exists
Everything we do, we believe in challenging the status quo, we believe in thinking differently. The way we challenge the status quo is by offering quality projects and opportunities that will empower socially, economically and politically the lives of 16 million unemployed youth from the 47 counties in Kenya that we believe we will reach. Want to partner with us?
Follow us on
Facebook:Youth Projects Kenya
Subscribe on Youtube:Youth County Projects Kenya